Total Credits Completed 120
Consumer use of UKAP Level 7 Diploma in Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) continues to increase, fueled by a number of factors, including increasing research of efficacy, dissatisfaction with allopathic models (particularly for chronic health problems), and an aging population. The challenge to the industry will be to integrate CAM to most benefit the consumer, focusing on the complementary rather than the alternative nature of the wide variety of modalities available and leading the way forward to a wellness based concept of healthcare.
UKAP has developed a unique and innovative approach to the degree of Master of Science in CAM, with a clear mission to educate outstanding men and women to provide leadership in the industry. Those who would play a part in leading the industry to successful integration must be able to facilitate change in a holistic and encompassing manner in the context of rapid change in the health care industry.
Assist with designing and planning appropriate clinical studies elucidating the underlying mechanisms of action of CAM therapies, facilitating their integration into conventional medical care, and stimulating professionalism, integrity, and social response
· Demonstrate an in-depth, advanced knowledge base that maximizes the innovative use of information that reflects the current theories, best practices, and research in preparation for application or further research in the prevention and wellness industry.
· Develop a solid knowledge base of CAM modalities and be able to apply that knowledge by informing and assisting practitioners and consumers of CAM products and protocols.
· Evaluate and generate best practices for CAM evidence-based healing methods.
· Evaluate and provide guidance on the potential for herb-herb and herb-drug interactions.
· Locate, analyze and evaluate, and make effective use of CAM research from the scientific literature and provide guidance for practitioners, policy makers, academic researchers, and industry leaders and manufacturer.
Assist with designing and planning appropriate clinical studies elucidating the underlying mechanisms of action of CAM therapies, facilitating their integration into conventional medical care, and stimulating professionalism, integrity, and social respons
· ASSESSMENT AND INTEGRATION OF RESEARCH ONLINE
· MASTERS CAPSTONE PROJECT
· AROMATHERAPY SCIENCE ONLINE
· BOTANY AND PLANT IDENTIFICATION FOR THE HOLISTIC PRACTITIONER ONLINE
· GENERAL, ORGANIC, AND BIOCHEMISTRY ONLINE
· PRINCIPLES OF PHARMACOGNOSY AND PHYTOCHEMISTRY ONLINE
· ADVANCED HERBAL MATERIA MEDICA I ONLINE
· ADVANCED HERBAL MATERIA MEDICA II ONLINE
· ADVANCED HERBAL MATERIA MEDICA III ONLINE
· HOMEOPATHY ONLINE
· DYNAMIC PHYTOTHERAPY ONLINE
· ADVANCED APPLIED HOLISTIC NUTRITION ONLINE
· NUT 509 GRADUATE TOPICS IN HOLISTIC NUTRITION ONLINE
· NUTRITION AND DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS
· ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY I ONLINE
· ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY II ONLINE
· INTEGRATIVE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY ONLINE
· COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE (CAM) PATHOLOGY AND PROTOCOLS ONLINE
· FUNDAMENTALS OF TOXICOLOGY AND SAFETY IN BOTANICAL MEDICINE ONLINE
• Lifestyle Coach or Consultant
• Adjunct to an existing healthcare profession
Candidates must possess a baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the Overseas Department of Education. Candidates must submit official transcripts directly from the issuing institution. All applicants must be recommended for admission by the UKAP Admissions Committee.
Candidates must possess a baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the Department of Education. Candidates must submit official transcripts directly from the issuing institution along with one professional letter of recommendation. All applicants must be recommended for admission by the UKAP Admissions Committee.
- Expert faculty with real-world clinical experience in each course
- All instruction and evaluation
- Full student services and support during your program including unlimited online classroom access, email and telephone support during your course