We are pleased to announce the launch of our new Level 4 and 5 qualifications in Business and Management. These Ofqual regulated qualifications have been created with expert input from colleges, industry professionals and our qualifications development team. We have also taken into account feedback from learners and consulted with higher education institutions to ensure the qualifications facilitate progression to higher levels.
The qualifications aim to develop knowledge and understanding in a range of subject areas relevant to management roles in organisations. The associated sample assignments have all been revised. Set in business contexts they support the development of skills needed by individuals working with others and carrying levels of responsibility.
Key features include:
- grading of individual units and an overall grade for the qualification against which learners can achieve a pass, merit or distinction
- maximum flexibility with different sized qualifications for those who only wish or have the time to initially take smaller qualifications and then build up larger extended qualifications over time
- opportunities for learners to develop a breadth of knowledge and understanding of subject matter related to business and management
- development of underpinning skills, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life
- optional units in particular specialisms that are directly related to learners’ current responsibilities or that meet a particular interest and support career development
- a base for continued learning and development as an individual, further improving knowledge, understanding and skills.
On successful completion learners may progress to:
- employment or have increased opportunities for progression in their current role
- larger qualifications at the same level (Diploma to Extended Diploma) or higher level qualifications, e.g. in Business and Management or Management for Health and Social Care
- the UKAP General Education (Gen Ed) route for final year American university entrance on successful completion of the required units at Levels 4, 5 and 6 (see our ‘New Progression Routes’ website article for further details).
- the final year of degree programmes at a range of UK and international universities (see our ‘Progression Routes’ page).
Further details can be found in the Qualification Specifications webpage and please contact us if you have any questions.